Pages

Monday, September 7, 2015

Baby Fever

Matt and I had a great Labor Day weekend.  Matt has been working crazy long hours for fall busy season but he was able to take a little break and enjoy doing some fun things with me.

On Saturday we spent the day in the city going to the Chicago Cubs game.  Matt's company sponsored the event and we had great tickets to one of the suites!  I wasn't sure how it was going to be, because it was an odd mix of people... 2 Families, 1 married couple, 1 pregnant lady, 1 new hire/bachelor, and 1 "newly dating" couple.  But we all ended up having a great time.  

The kids brought a whole new level of energy to the game.  One of Matts coworkers who we have gotten to know quite well have the cutest kids.  One is 2 the other is 4.  They are total Cubs fanatics and gave me the whole run down of the game... Who was good, who was going to start, who was next to bat, who was playing in which position.  I was quite amazed at there knowledge but not really because these kids are so smart and super cute!  

Sunday morning we went to church and I had an epiphany... Maybe that's a stretch but I've been praying lately for a sign.  A sign that God is in control and that he is listening.  It's hard sometimes to keep praying for a miracle but I keep asking and I think I finally got an answer. 

 We were singing and I randomly looked up at the lights on the stage.... You're never going to believe what color... White and blue, the exact same two colors I have been seeing during accupuncture.  As soon as I saw that I tapped Matt on the shoulder and showed him.  Although I get it, it's just a light, but what are the chances that i just blogged about seeing colors and I look up and see those exact colors in church, which I have probably looked at so many times and never paid attention to..  I think he's listening and I really do think great things are coming!!  

Yesterday we spent some time over at our friends new house in the northern suburbs of Chicago!  These are long time friends but with crazy schedules we haven't had a weekend that we could all get together and catch up in a very long time.  Some of their other friends were also there and had the most beautiful baby boy!  He will be one next week and oh my goodness he was the happiest, snuggliest, little thing I've seen in a while.  He had big blue eyes that could melt any woman's heart!  We enjoyed some labor day grilling, fun drinks, and catching up.  When we were leaving and saying goodbye little B reached up his hands because he wanted me to pick him up and say goodbye.

I think I needed that.  Good baby mojo for our upcoming in vitro and an awesome reminder that babies are truly beautiful and no matter how long or hard Matt and I continue to try, one day it will pay off and we will be able to hug a sweet little thing like little B. 

What a great weekend we had!  We hopefully will find out next week if we will be starting our cycle in October or November.  I'll keep ya'll posted!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment