Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Pump and Dump

This weekend I finally caved and got myself to an urgent care for a never ending cold.  I would've probably just sucked it up but I noticed a lump on my neck that I had never seen before.  
To make a long story short antibiotics for a sinus infection and bronchitis and a CT scan later, I have a very large thyroid nodule. I had to get iv contrast for the CT so I had to pump and dump.  One of the worst feelings is when you work so hard for milk only to throw it down the drain.  
  In the interest of my babies I had to though so their went oz. upon oz. of milk for 24 hours. 

Fast forward to yesterday I saw my primary care doctor yesterday and had an ultrasound done.  It confirmed I have a 2 inch cystic nodule on my thyroid and need a biopsy done to rule out cancer.  I'm trying not to freak out but as you can only imagine a new mommy to twin girls my life has literally flashed before my eyes. I have an appointment today to see an ENT doctor and I'll go from there.  Happy 30th birthday to me.  So please pray for us!  Always an adventure!  

Once again my body proves to be damaged goods.  Poor Matt.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment