Pages

Monday, March 27, 2017

G' Day Mate

We survived a whole week without Matt/ Daddy.  Matt had his first work trip abroad and traveled a VERY long 23 hours to Sydney and Melbourne Australia.  He left St. Patrick's Day and returned this past Friday.  It's funny how previously I didn't get nervous about Matt flying but now with the girls, my stomach feels like it is in a knot until I get a text from him that says "here!"

You might wonder why...besides the obvious  I depend on Matt completely to take care of us, financially that is.  Something I am still coming to terms with but god help us if something ever happened to him because on my nursing salary I could not afford to take care of us and afford our mortgage.  Let alone I just would miss the crap out of him and would hate to be a single mom.

We stayed busy to help pass the time.  Uncle TJ came to visit and stayed with us on Friday and Saturday.  We celebrated St. Patrick's Day weekend drinking Guinness, eating some chicago favorites ( Dimple's Donuts, Portillo', and some good ole deep dish Chicago Pizza).  We also went to our friend's house (Henry) who is 6 months old, went to story time, had a few friends over, and had a baby sitter for some me time and a little nursing work I needed to take care of.

The week was long in the sense I was soo ready for Matt to come home, but it felt super fast since I was so busy.  I'll share a few pictures that Matt snapped of his quick trip.  He even picked up some cute souvenirs for the girls and I.


0 comments:

Post a Comment