Pages

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Taking a much needed break...


I was hoping that eventually I would be able to post some exciting news on my blog but unfortunately my embryo transfer ended in a miscarriage again.

For those of you wondering... This marks # 4...  Two early miscarriages in 2012, a pregnancy loss at 22 weeks in 2013, and another miscarriage at almost 8 weeks in 2014.  So now what?  How do you keep going when you just want to give up.  

After this past miscarriage I was reflecting on life a little and why I cannot and won't give up.  I remembered a patient I had during nursing school.  I will never forget her.  She was on the high risk OB floor and I was taking care of her after she had lost her baby to a still birth.  You may not think that would be a reason to remember her but it wasn't her first loss.  This poor woman was Gravida 21 Para 0 which means she had gotten pregnant 21 times and had zero living children.  She had MS and could get pregnant but her body was just not strong enough to carry a child.  

At the time I was only 20 and couldn't understand why this woman would put her body through something so horrible 21 times.  Fast forward almost 8 years later and I get it.  When you are fighting for something you want so bad you really will do anything.  Now I don't think I can handle 21 miscarriages/losses but  I am not quite ready to give up.  I am sure that people must look at me with four losses and think, wow she's crazy, why not just adopt ?  Although I have some beautiful friends and family members who have been adopted ( and that is not totally off our list) I am not quite ready for that, nor is Matt.

Matt and I have decided that mentally, physically, and emotionally we just need a little break.  My poor little body has been pumped full of in vitro hormones since April.  We have decided to take the next couple of months and enjoy life a little.  

We planned a trip to Mexico, we are celebrating Halloween by having my entire family come and visit our new house, and are looking forward to spending the holidays with family and friends!  I can already say the next few months will fly with lots of fun activities but it is exactly what the doctor ordered.  Until then stay tuned

And if you need a little hope for yourself or for us listen to this song!  It's called There's Hope in front of me by Danny Gokey.  I am not sure if the link will work below but if not you can google it and it should pull up as a you tube video.  




0 comments:

Post a Comment