Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

8 weeks old

8 weeks old and tomorrow they have their 2 month check-up... Where has the time gone.  Some days I feel like I have gotten the hang of this whole new mom of twins and then other days I feel like a complete failure.  

I'm still trying to get out of the house for some fun mommy activities with the girls so i can have some adult conversation but I'm just not really good at that yet.  Partly because I hate waking the girls up to go do something when they are sleeping so well and the other because they usually are feeding and God for bid I cut that short or else I swear the devil comes out of Miss Maddie.  She squeals like Wilbur the pig if she doesn't get enough of momma's milk.  It's a little funny and super cute, oink oink!  The other part of me is JUST SUPER NERVOUS AND ANXIOUS about getting out.  I have 4 activities I could potentially do but instead stay home with the girls.  Each week I think yes I'm just going to go for it and then I cave to the comfort of my house.  Perhaps it's the analness in me, don't screw with naps and eating or else I will pay for it later but most of it is just that I'm to chicken.  

So what might I be wanting to do you are probably wondering... Well there is an exercise class called stroller strides.  My girlfriend does it and just loves it.  It involves a stroller walk with some resistance training and a little mommy talk to get out of the house.  Our hospital hosts a mommy group called cradle talk for moms with newborn babies to age 6 months.  There is a great playgroup in Naperville full of a ton of moms they do all kinds of fun things and lastly our church has a woman's day in Thursday's... Kind of like a MOPS.  

So all these fun things!  And you know me miss social butterfly at times.  One day I'll start to get out of the house when hey get a bit bigger and I get more comfortable.  I just have to kick myself and go do it.  
But enough about me lets talk these babies.  They are growing and getting bigger by the day.  They love to play on their play mats and kind of half coo and try to talk to me.  Emma likes it more than Maddie.  If Maddie had her way, she would just suck on my boob the whole time while Emma played and watch her out of the corner of her eye... Again why we call her Wilbur.  They don't really like tummy time and I am bad at enforcing it too.

My boobs have really kicked it into high gear and started actually producing almost enough milk for the girls.  I still give 1-2 bottles by its really not that much maybe an ounce to 3 or 4. So although they look like milk cannons... I'm not quite used to that I always looked like a middle schooler with a flat chest I am happy to report they are doing their job!  
We go tomorrow for our check-up and 2 month shots!  Wish me luck I'm going by myself!  Hopefully me not supplementing as much hasn't hurt their weight gain.  They feel solid to me I'm guessing 8.5 pounds maybe 9!!! 
As always here are some updated pictures. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment