Pages

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Mischievous Emma

If only my life were a YouTube video sometimes I’d laugh a little harder.  I usually take my baby monitor with me when we travel but for some reason this time I didn’t.  This past weekend we traveled back to Michigan to surprise Matt’s Uncle for a retirement party.  Boy was that fun but that is not why I’m blogging.  

Little Miss Emma did it again.  She seemed to get herself into the biggest pickle and quite frankly all I could do was laugh.  Matt’s Mom and Dad have been working very hard on a timeline banner thing for an upcoming event that their church is putting on.  It’s about to turn 100 years old.  They had these awesome banners made and previously were in their living room.  I told Bob “why don’t you put them in your bedroom .. that way they won’t get ruined”. FAMOUS LAST WORDS RIGHT...

Well Saturday afternoon rolled around and it was nap time.  Matt so nicely set up the girls pac n play beds in grandma and grandpas bedroom.  I fed them lunch and then put them down for a nap.  All sounded quiet or so I thought until Matt’s sister came downstairs and said “Jenn could one of the girls be poopy?”  Perhaps ... they don’t usually poop before a nap but I will go check.  And then holy shot of all shit I walk into total toddler chaos.  Thankfully no poop was spread but Emma had sneakily gotten out of bed, made a complete disaster out of EVERY POSTER BANNER, threw them into her bed, threw the clothes that were on the bed into her bed, and hightailed her little Heiny back into bed like nothing had happened.  

When momma bear walked in the girls were jumping up and down screaming having the grandest time with these dang posters.  And all I could think and say was oh I’m so sorry.  How could I not laugh... but really I kind of wanted to cry.  I quickly yelled for some help. The aunties came to save me, help me quickly get everything pulled out so we could assess the damage.  Thankfully only a few were really ruined and needed to be replaced.  

Matt did the honor of telling his mom and Dad and when grandma came home she asked Emma what she did all she did was grin the biggest grin from ear to ear and laugh to herself.  She knew she was naughty ... funny naughty but so innocently got away with it.  Oh Emma girl... you keep me on my toea

0 comments:

Post a Comment