Pages

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Twins are hard... like really hard

I thought that the newborn stage was pretty easy with twins.  Yes there were many sleepless nights, tears, and more tears but all in all it wasn’t nearly as bad as I thought.  5 month old twins were hard, all of a sudden baby A and B didn’t know how to sleep so we went through again many sleepless nights.  But now oh my oh my.  Toddler twins = a lot of work.  

Work in the aspect that you literally cannot take your eyes off of them.  Work in the sense that when one is having a good day the other is not so you technically never really get a break.  

Activities out have to be strategically planned so that I know it’s a “safe place” and that no one is going to get hurt ... well I mean really hurt.  

Take today for example.  Twins.... library story time... toddlers.  Yes I know I’m crazy for even going, but hey you can’t sit at home by yourself all day long.  So I’m there at story time and it’s about 8 minutes in and of course they, meaning Emma and Maddie start to get wiggly .. like normal toddlers so I let them out of my hands.  And two seconds later Emma is running full force into a chair in front of the room.  Tears start flowing.. meanwhile Maddie is already in my left arm ... so I scoop Emma up in my right and make a mad dash for the bathroom.  Her lip is bleeding so I have to set Maddie down.  While trying to tend to Emma I turn around and see Maddie out of the corner of my eye heading to swish and swirl in the toilet.  Get it folks... it’s never a dull moment.  So I finally get Emma’s lip to stop bleeding and head back into story time to put them in the stroller and take off.  

So yes we picked up, got ready, went to story time for 8 minutes, to get a bloody lip, pack up, and head home.... can I just say twins are fun, amazing, but oh so hard at the same time.  The next 6 months are going to be interesting. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment