Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

New Contract is Signed

Part of the annoying process of having to pick a new donor means that we have to go through all of the same steps over again.  Not all of them but some of them.  We finally had our consultation with our lawyer on Monday to sign the agency agreement with our agency again.  Thankfully since we are using the same agency again we do not lose the money that have already paid to them.  We really lucked out because some agencies still make you pay a small fee or the whole fee.

It's amazing all of the little steps you have to go through to become a "mom" and "dad" to a donor egg.  It's a lot of unknowns, waiting, and making sure you dot your i's and cross your t's.  Much like the adoption process you have to have legal representation so that all avenues are hopefully covered.  Donor Egg adoption is still relatively new to the infertility world so the laws surrounding the process are still State dependent and not quite as sound as I would like to see them.  Thankfully we live in a state (Thank you Jesus, once again I am thankful we live where we do) where we actually have laws and documents outlying the parental rights of an embryo made from a donor egg and the biological dads sperm.

This is part of the IVF process that is new to me and makes me feel a little uncomfortable.  I know hundreds of kids are born this way but just like I would think the same thing if we ever adopted a baby, it still crosses my mind... "What if the "mom" tries to take the baby back?"

Anyway I have to stop stressing about the little things.  Even my acupuncturist  told me that yesterday!  I told Matt that she said I need to chill out and he said she's right on target.  I think its innate and my true self is just a little bit of an anxious person.  I'm working on that trying to calm myself down but without being able to run my 10+ miles per day it's a little hard to do at times.  I just keep thinking positive thoughts, am trying to enjoy life, and keep looking forward to the next step to get these babies home to our house some day!  I keep trying to motivate myself that this is all worth it.  Sometimes I have to do this to keep going...
 
                                                   "I want to inspire people. I want someone to look at me and say 'because of you, I didn't give up.'" Through my experiences at Rasmussen College and my personal motivation to overcome adversities, I have been told that I am an inspiration to others. #RasSpirit


0 comments:

Post a Comment