Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2016

17 weeks

I had a pretty eventful week in my eyes.  I had a bit of a scare last week so for the past week I have been taking it easy, resting, and praying that this pregnancy will continue.  Last weekend after I got home from work I went to the bathroom and BAM just like that my heart sank... Pink!  Not red, but pink staring me in the eye after I had wiped.  Perhaps a little TMI but after losing a baby at 22 weeks where it all went downhill in the bathroom of a TJ Maxx I am constantly fearful of seeing bright red blood when I go to the bathroom.  Anything of color to me usually means doomsday.  So last week when I saw pink I panicked.  I called my doctor right away and he told me to take it easy and put my feet up and call him if it continued.  Thank god it did not.

In that moment after I hung up with him I prayed so hard and low and behold it stopped.  I'm not sure what it was but my two precious little babies lives flashed before my eyes.  It was a good reminder (if I want to look at the positive) that I need to take it easy and remind myself just how fragile I really a, when I'm pregnant.  For some reason My body is not physically as strong as I think It is when I'm pregnant.  

So this week I just kind of sat, and ate, and relaxed, and worked.  Kind of boring but in desperation I'll do anything to get these twins to term and to their due date.

  I was hoping to start my new medicine this week but still don't have it.  Insurance is great but sometimes it's so annoying when trying to get certain things.  I spent my fair share of time calling the nurse, pharmacy, and insurance company and after all that the medicine was DENIED. I thought I could just self pay for the medicine out of pocket, again I wil not put a limit on our babies lives, but the nurse told me it was going to be $3,500.00 a month out of pocket.  WHAT!  I passed on that so she was nice enough to work with a local pharmacy and find a generic equivalent for $165.00 a month.  Much better!  

So hopefully this week I'll get my medicine and start the oh so lovely progesterone shots again but only once a week verses two times per day.  Per my doctor this is to help "quiet" my uterus and hopefully prevent contractions and preterm labor.  Hopefully it works, I need all the help I can get.  Hopefully with my bionic like uterus being hold by a tight band and medicine these babies are not going to come too early or early at all.  I still don't have an actual official due date of when my c-section will be but I am thinking July 12 sounds nice!! 

Here's my "weekly" picture that I have been slacking on taking.  My stomach is really growing and so am I!  Eeek it is hard to "blossom" so fast but with my "twin pregnancy diet" plan I am following I'm growing and gaining weight just like I should
    
How Far Along: 17 weeks 1 day
Cravings: still  navel oranges and anything citrusy!  I can't get enough
Total weight gained: 16 pounds
Stretch Marks: no
Sleep: still so tired, naps are my best friend
Nausea or Queasy: still a yes, but it continues to improve.  If I do puke it's only about 1 time per day
Wedding rings on or off: on
Signs of labor: no let's keep it that way for a long time
Gender: still unknown
Looking forward to: my next doctor appointment on Thursday so we can see the twins via ultrasound again, and this time hubs is able to come!
Belly Button in or out: in
Movement: flutters becoming stronger and more frequent 
Baby Dreams: I had a dream that we had boy and girl twins .... Still not sure what they are. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment