Pages

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

14 weeks

14 weeks marks 3.5 months and things feel like they are flying by.  It's funny how fast this pregnancy seems to be going when I compare it to my last pregnancy.  In 6 short weeks I will be as far as I got with my furthest pregnancy and quite frankly that really scares the shit out of me.  I wouldn't say I like to be pregnant, puking is nasty, but there is something beautiful about having a living being grow  ( or in my case now, two living beings) and develop inside of you.  

I told Matt this week that I feel like we are making and meeting great milestones this time around and I hope and pray so hard it continues down this path.  When your pregnant with twins they say it is as if you are 6-8 weeks larger than a singleton pregnancy so if this is the case that means my body is 20-22 weeks pregnant, which means that I've successfully gotten over my ( in theory of course) 20 week mark that I am so fearful of and that my surgery placing my TAC to hold these sweet little babes in is totally working!!!  Praise God for that because I just cannot fathom losing another baby.  

I finished my last progesterone shot on Saturday and realized my poor little biscuits had endured 190 butt shots in total.  Yes you read that 190 buttock shots that my dearest husband had to give me everyday.  I suppose I can look at the positive side of it, and think and laugh about all the funny conversations we had while he squeezed a cheek, inserted the shot, gave the medication, and held pressure so I didn't bleed all over the bed, but I'm happy and so are my cheeks that I no longer have to do those.  Although I do not have to do shots I'm still taking progesterone via a wonderful vaginal suppository until I am 20 weeks pregnant.  Yes it's totally gross but if it keeps these babies in for a while longer I'll take it.  

I just thought I would share that I'm so happy I started writing is blog.  I intentionally started writing this blog so I could help myself get over a tragic loss but to also help others struggling.  But I also started my blog so everyone friends, family, etc. can know what's going on.  I can track how many times my blog has been viewed and I am up to about 18,500 views!! Which is amazing!!!!  It's fun to see how many people around the world view it.  So in case you read my blog and feel like, "oh I'm not sure if I should be reading this" or have shared with another friend or family member or someone else I'm so happy you have!!!  Keep reading and following our journey because the best is yet to come.  


Here's my weekly picture ... And that's about it...

How Far Along: 14 weeks 4 days
Cravings: navel oranges, milk, and today lemon poppyseed muffins sounded amazing
Total weight gained: 13 pounds, eek!  I can barely look at the scale but it's for the babies right 
Stretch Marks: no
Sleep: still so tired and wanting to sleep all the time.  I do wake up frequently to pee or to get a nightly snack so I'm up quite a few times in the night 
Nausea or Queasy: still a yes, but last week I had 3 days in a row with no vomiting!  It was amazing!  And so you can all humor me, sometimes in the evening I puke so hard that I pee my pants... Talk about embarrassing.  
Wedding rings on or off: on
Signs of labor: no let's keep it that way for a long time
Gender: still unknown
Looking forward to: feeling more baby flutters 
Belly Button in or out: in
Movement: kind of just the same, little flutters here and there

0 comments:

Post a Comment