Pages

Saturday, February 27, 2016

18 weeks

I had my 18 week appointment on Thursday and the babies are looking good.  Definitely growing bigger and so is my belly.  Baby A and B are head down (not that it matters because I am having a c-section) and in an anterior/posterior position.  To paint a picture it's as if they are spooning and lying right in front of each other.  Baby A was hogging all of the room when the ultrasound tech was trying to take some pictures so the pictures this week more like two little monsters than babies growing.  But the most important thing they both looked healthy.  

The only slight concern was that Baby B's placenta is low lying, which might explain why I had some bleeding the other week.  Hopefully it moves upward as my uterus grows.  I really don't want to have to worry about another reason why I could lose these babies.  So for now per doctors orders Matt and I can no longer have "relations" as he calls it.  My doctor chuckled when he told us this and told Matt that he was going to have to take a lot of cold showers.  Oh well... What's another 5 months without it... Right? 

I'm starting to feel some growing pains and feel like my stomach is the size of Mars but am not quite looking that bug.  By the end of the night I have some pretty intense right sided pain but with my good ole heating pad I do get some relief.  If that's the only thing I have to deal with than I can handle that.  Here is my 18 week update....

How Far Along: 18 weeks
Cravings: loving milk, have I mentioned I've been drinking 1-1.5 gallons a week.  Red rope licorice (however I haven't caved into that... It's pure sugar and the babies don't need that) 
Total weight gained: 18 pounds
Stretch Marks: no
Sleep: pregnancy insomnia is starting to hit.  I wake up around 3-4 am quite often and have a hard time going back to sleep.  This makes it hard to get up for work
Nausea or Queasy: yes but very random if it happens!  Hallelujah !!
Wedding rings on or off: on
Signs of labor: no let's keep it that way for a long time
Gender: still unknown... Well kind of.  
Looking forward to: my next appt. when we can confirm the gender.... Boy or girl? 
Belly Button in or out: in
Movement: yes and last night one of them kicked so hard or flipped I'm not sure it made me puke in the middle of the night.  I nearly didn't make it to the bathroom it all happened so fast
Baby Dreams: none this week that I can remember

0 comments:

Post a Comment