Pages

Sunday, May 29, 2016

31 weeks

Well I have successfully made it 1 more week on "relaxation rest mode."  It's been pretty quiet at our house... reading, catching up on some shows, starting a new HBO show, and reading the pile of magazines I've been meaning to catch up on.  Matt has allowed me one field trip/small outing per day.  Yesterday we visited my friend and her husband and got to hold their new baby of only a few weeks.  I figured it was good baby mojo to hold baby Bronson, so I indulged. It is, however, a bit harder to hold a baby with a big baby bump in the way. You can't quite snuggle as tight.  

Today we ventured out to church, and I made a quick return to Buy Buy Baby.  I don't mind staying quiet if this is what it is going to take to get these girls to a "safe" time of delivery.  My hope is that we can walk out of the hospital two full car seats in hand instead of empty handed like we did last time.  Although I know they would be fine and safe staying in a NICU, part of me hopes and prays that that will not be the case.  

For those that are worried that I don't know how to sit (cough cough Dad) I am trying, I really am.  And for the sake of actually having healthy children the small sacrifice of slowing down and resting is just a small price to pay for the greater good.  So don't worry. I'm not walking around the block. I'm no longer working. I'm just relaxing, waiting for Baby A and Baby B to make their precious little arrival... Just not too soon.  

Since I have officially made it out of my 20's and into my count down in the 30's, my next goal is to make it to 32 weeks.  Next weekend will be such a huge milestone for so many reasons. 32 weeks marks the last big development...The lungs.  And for more selfish and emotional reasons marks a celebration, a baby shower, that Baby A and Baby B are going to be joining us so so soon and I can for once celebrate something joyful in my pregnancy rather than hide my emotions of sadness and disappointment.  Almost 4 years of trying and yes we have celebrated quietly the moments and milestones where we got "just a little further" than before but the 5 times we have celebrated have ended with a sad and disappointing loss.  So this time dang it we are celebrating with friends and family the biggest milestone yet.  

Just for fun a few pictures from my afternoon of relaxation with Matt.  
Holy belly watch out ... It's growing like a weed.  

How Far Along: 31 weeks 1 days

Total weight gained:  36 pounds
Cravings: I was really craving some fresh squeezed lemonade and a DQ blizzard (Oreo and Heath that is)
Stretch Marks: sad to say I spotted my first one.... on my right boob, not my belly.  Who would have thought but the girls are growing too so I am not surprised 
Sleep: I slept great since I got home from the hospital.  Poor Matt has to cover up with extra blankets these days while I have the AC cranked, the ceiling fan going, and barely any blankets on.  Besides peeing 2-4 times per night, I've actually slept pretty well.
Nausea or Queasy: yes... For eternity it feels like.  But it's only every couple of days and seems to be if I haven't eaten or had enough protein 
Wedding rings on or off: off although I did smash my sausage fingers in them today. 
Signs of labor: not anymore thank goodness 
Gender: 2 baby girls
Looking forward to: hitting 32 weeks and the baby shower my mom and sister are hosting for me. 
Belly Button in or out: in... Barely. 
Movement: yes and lots of it. My belly rolls all over. 
Baby Dreams: hmmm can't remember any
Complaints: growing bigger and bigger sometimes I feel like a turtle on its back.  It's a bit hard to get around as I did before.  I breath kind of heavy and it takes a bit more effort to go from laying down to sitting/standing up.  
 (Thanks for the hand-me-down dress Jenn)

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment