Pages

Thursday, May 1, 2014

And the grand total is 14


Wednesday felt like it couldn't come fast enough.  After I tossed and turned all night long the alarm finally went off at 4:55 am!  It's funny how when you are hoping and wishing for a good thing to happen your mind wanders and thinks the worst. 

All night long I could only think the "what ifs". What if we don't have any eggs, what if my body expelled all of them, what if they aren't mature, what if they don't fertilize.  Silly brain... I just have to remind myself to trust god and trust my doctor!  

The egg retrieval went well. 17 total eggs retrieved.  It's amazing how less than a year ago I was sitting in the same surgical suite waiting for the doctor to take my eggs.  Sometimes it feels like I am reliving a bad dream but wake to find myself still hoping and praying that putting my body and relationship through all of this will be worth it in the end.

 I  found comfort in being greeted by the same two friendly nurses Barbie and Kris.    The same anestesiologist started my iv and I was wheeled back for a quick medicine induced nap!  Right before I was put to sleep the anesthesiologist said " ok Jennifer here we go this time we are going to go all the way no half way". 

What encouraging words!  He's right.  All the way, no 21 week baby this time. So hopefully we will have a few embryos to implant. 

 I woke up this morning with great news!  Out of the 17 eggs, 14 had fertilized.  This is 4 more than we had last time. 4 more chances to maybe have a normal embryo or two.  It's an emotional roller coaster and the number 14 brought a few happy tears to my eyes.  

So now we have the fun part, waiting.... Matt knows how patient I am so all in all I think this is the hardest part. 5-6 days to see how many grow and another 14 days to get the genetic test results back.  So keep praying, hoping, and wishing with us.  We want babies as much ( and more) than all of you want for us!  

Here are few pictures....

0 comments:

Post a Comment