Pages

Monday, January 26, 2015

Trigger shot Sunday and Egg Retrieval Tuesday

I got my blood and ultrasound results on Saturday and everything was progressing so I was given the go ahead to "trigger" on Sunday night and will have my retrieval on Tuesday.  

The trigger wasn't too bad.  225 units of follistim, 3 units of menopur, and 1 shot of 10,000 units of HCG for those of you following and wondering what I used.  

I'm feeling real nervous.  As always, Matt and I hope and pray for the maximum amount of eggs because with the special genetic testing needed for my balanced translocation we need as many as we can get to maximize our chance of getting one or more "good embryos."  I recently read an article and statistically for every 10 embryos someone with balanced translocation usually has 1-2 good and normal embryos.  A  little shocking to see that  on average only 10-20% are normal and implantable but also realistic.

There is really no way of knowing whether or not we will have any good embryos this round and that is probably the hardest and most discouraging part of all of this.  If I was going through what I would call "normal ivf". We would have had probably at least 30 or more plantable embryos... Instead we are stuck with a big fat ZERO left.  I always seem to feel the most sad and discouraged as I near my final days of in vitro because I think at that time I realize how hard and challenging this really all is.  I also realize things are really not in our favor and question whether or not we will ever have our own biological children....  A little disheartening when you put in so much work only to keep failing.  

So on a sad and depressing note I am trying to stay positive and optimistic and give my new doctor a chance.  Who knows, maybe he will be able to help bring a miracle baby into my life.  We can only hope and pray right?  

0 comments:

Post a Comment