Pages

Friday, January 29, 2016

How to Tell Your coworkers You're Pregnant with TWINS!!

Well I finally "officially" broke the news to my coworkers that I had a big surprise!!  I've been holding out as long as I could because I am terrified of something going wrong but my scrubs are getting a little smaller each week so I chose 14 weeks as a hopefully "safe" time to share my news.  

I am typically a more quiet and humble person and don't like to be the center of attention in a big crowd but my amazing manager wanted share my news in a bigger manner.  So she made a cute banner, made two babies out of melons that were in a baby crib, had "double" mint gum, and cupcakes and cookies, to celebrate the big news.  I should have snapped more pictures but here is a picture of the banner... It's a little hard to read but it says twice the blessings, twice the fun, two little miracles, instead of one!  twins arriving July 2016.
The reactions from my coworkers were great!! I heard a lot of " oh my god TWINS!!!" And " how have we not known."  The best reaction was from a guy.... " I'm feeling weak in my knees about this crazy news I've got to sit down!"  So needless to say I feel a little relieved that everyone knows now but even more scared because now what if something happens, I have to explain it all over again.  

I knew my fear wouldn't go away but sometimes I feel like I'm so fearful that I can't embrace the exciting part of pregnancy.  I feel like I should feel over the moon but I am not quite there yet.  In my head as long as I can make it to 24 weeks each week after that will be a blessing and icing on the cake.  The psychologist that we met with before going through the donor process told me this is totally normal but she did remind me that at some point whenever I feel like it is safe to celebrate to embrace and enjoy my pregnancy or else I will regret it.  She's absolutely right, just not right now.  So hopefully in a few more months when I feel like it's actually going to happen for real I can embrace being fully pregnant with twins.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment