Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2016

19 Weeks

19 weeks and counting.  I've had increasing anxiety as I get closer to my true milestone of hopefully passing the 20 week mark when I last went into labor and I am inching closer.  I feel like it has been a race like the tortoise and the hare.  Time seems to move at a snails pace but when I blink and look up the week or month seems to fly by.  I'm slowly starting to get optimistic as I get further that this actually might be happening but as soon as I get excited my guard quickly comes up and I remind myself how fragile life can be and in a blink of an eye this could all be over.

I've had some tears this past week thinking that in 1-2 short weeks I could have to say good bye to the precious little miracles growing inside my body but I'm hanging on to hope and my faith in God that he won't let that happen to us again.  I've had so many prayers from everybody that I feel like if it happened so many of our friends, family, and stangers who follow my blog would be just as sad and dissappointed as we would be.  I can't describe the fear I have each day but I hope that as I get further each week my fears slowly turn into excitement.  

I am looking forward to this week.  We have our anatomy scan this week, which is the "big" ultrasound that they do to confirm if Twin baby A and B will be boys, girls, or a boy and a girl.  They also check all of the little growing parts to ensure they are growing how they should be.  I find this ultrasound to be scary but exciting.  We'll keep you all updated once we know the sex.... Any guesses??? 

Here's my 19 week picture.  Matt agreed to let me take his picture this week.  My bump is definitely growing and my clothes and back/ribs are feeling it.
         


How Far Along: 19 weeks
Cravings:  Red rope licorice... I caved!
Total weight gained: 19 pounds
Stretch Marks: no
Sleep: it depends on the night, sometimes I sleep like a baby and other nights I'm up 5+ times a night
Nausea or Queasy: yes but far and few between.  I think I'm going to puke this whole pregnancy 
Wedding rings on or off: on
Signs of labor: no let's keep it that way for a long time
Gender: still unknown... Well kind of.  
Looking forward to: my next appt. when we can confirm the gender.... Boy or girl? 
Belly Button in or out: in
Movement: yes and Matt is finally getting to feel the little flutters.  
Baby Dreams: none this week that I can remember 
Complaints: I've had some pretty intense right rib and back pain.  As long as I don't wear a bra and lay down all day I don't have any pain but the minute I am up and about or put "real people" clothes on I feel a little miserable.  If this is what I am going to have to deal with to get my babies home though, I'll take it!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment