Pages

Monday, August 8, 2016

3 weeks old

Maddie, Emma, and I survived our first week without daddy.  Matt went back to work and I navigated my first week as a SAHM (stay at home mom).  For those wondering will I go back to work as a nurse the answer is yes and no.  I physically am not going to be traveling back to the city to be in the office but time permitting am going to try to work from home for a little bit (if I can do it with the demand of twins).  I worked really hard for my nursing license and do not want to lose my knowledge.  I also worked really hard for these little ones too so I'm having an internal battle of what to do.  Time will tell what my heart and sanity tell me to do.  

So what did we do... Well eat, sleep, poop, and play of course.  I live my life in three hour blocks right now.  The girls feed every three hours and to feed them in total it takes about 1-1.5 hours so it doesn't leave me with a lot of time to do stuff.  So since I'm limited to leaving the house I did treat myself and start walking around my neighborhood to get some exercise.  18 pounds to go from the 55 I gained (thank you fluid and babies) so rather than my crazy marathon running days I'll continue walking just with two babies in tow now.  
 Dreaming about their daddy.  

You might have read that and thought 1.5 hours to feed.. Yikes.  You bet yikes and double yikes in the middle of the night. I'm trying to breastfeed the girls but I'm having a bit of a hard time keeping up with the demand so in addition to breastfeeding super slow eaters I'm also bottle feeding and pumping breatmilk at the same time... It's quite the process.  Just call me the milk maid.  It's sometimes very frustrating because I would have plenty to feed one baby just currently not enough to feed two babies all day long but I'm trying.  I've only cried a few times but when that happens I take a deep breath and remind myself it's ok to bottle feed them.  If you haven't learned from my blog by now if I put my mind to it... I'm going to try EVERYTHING possible to try make it work.  So to increase my supply I've been feeding frequently, drinking mothers milk tea (woof it tastes awful), taking fenugreek supplements, and eating/drinking foods to hopefully help increase my supply.  I've seen an increase and rather than needing to bottle feed after every feed I supplement only half of the feedings now.   This is one area where I am realizing two babies are much harder than one.  I don't want to include a picture ... I'm not into showing my boobs to the public but if you're wondering how I feed the girls I tandem breast feed them and oh my is it a sight.  If you're reading this and have twins I'd highly recommend he twin-z-pillow!  

Besides eating the girls did some tummy time and played with their floor mat.... We had more visitors this week, and even went out for lunch with a girlfriend of mine.  
Sometimes I hold one and the other sleeps!

To end our first week we had a special great and were able to travel back to Michigan this weekend to see more family.  Of course we had to dress up and pretend they were enjoying Grandma Renee and Grandpa Bob's pool.  I remember when I bought these little suits and thought to myself, oh my these suits are so tiny... And now they are literally "swimming" in them.  We also went to Lake Michigan and enjoyed a beautiful sunset.  
Some of our cousins. 


That was pretty much our week except for two doctors appointments mine and theirs.  The girls are gaining weight Emma was 6.4 pounds and Maddie was 6.6 pounds and we will have our 1 month checkup soon.  How time goes fast!!! 
 A quick stroll in Mimi and papas new baby buggy!!! More cousins!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment