Pages

Monday, August 15, 2016

4 weeks old

Holy moly we actually made it 1 month as parents to twins.  My actual thoughts of raising twins thus far is.... It's just as easy as having one and then all of a sudden I realize wait NOPE it's not.  

So what makes it different.... Two to feed, two to console, two to change, two to burp, two to hold, two of ... Well Everything!  It's definitely getting easier in some days but harder on others.  I told Matt this morning that this far the feeding at night time is the hardest part I have encountered so far.  I haven't given up on breastfeeding yet (yay go me!) but my milk is definitely a lot less at night so I still have to feed and supplement with formula at night sometimes one feeding up to three.  It can take any where from 40 minutes to 1 hour 45 ish minutes.  It's gotten a little longer rather than shorter because now they fall asleep for about 5 minutes or so acting like they have gotten enough and then bang, like I got hit in the face, they start to scream and cry and out comes ninja moving mom to make two bottles as fast as she can.  

Oh and did I mention the meltdowns.  Oh my word.  These girls are going to learn to be patient eventually.  They literally scream as loud as they can while I change their diapers before I feed them.  At first it bothered me, now I just tune it out.  

As far as 2 month milestones and memories... Well they love to eat, love to sleep, and LOVE to be cuddled.  It does tug at my heart that I can't always hold two but when I can I hold one. 

We are trying to live life as best as we can but always when I go out in public the comments, smiles, stares, and stories come out.  My favorite from last week.. While in Meijer two older women both looked at me and said " oh my my do you have your hands full" as I pushed the girls and pulled a cart.  And this week a guy asked me if these were my first and last kids.  I chuckled and told him no... We still want more, 4 to be exact (however Matt only wants 3).  

We went on another road trip!  We went to our friends cottage.  We didn't spend the night but spent the whole day there.  The girls did great except for the end of the evening.  Then holy melt down.  We left about 2 hours too late.  Thank god our friends were understanding and helped out as much as they could.  

The girls are growing and getting big.  They have their one month appointment soon and we will see how big they have grown!!   

0 comments:

Post a Comment