Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Maddies 1st Hospital Visit

Poor baby girl... Maddie had a bit of a hoarse raspy cry earlier in the week.  I had called my pediatrician and they told me that as long as she wasn't running a fever to just watch her.  Well she was fine until Thursday evening.  She felt hot to me so I took her temperature and sure enough 100.5!  

So off we went first to our pediatrician who confirmed yes she did and we would need to go to the ER.  

We saw a real nice Doctor, Dr. Kim and he layed out the plan for me.  Newborns with fevers is not something to ignore so they would admit her for 48 hours, run a bunch of tests, and give her antibiotics.  

She did great maybe better than mom.  I definitely cried when she had to stay and they told me her sister could not stay the night.  I've never been away from them for more than 15 minutes so I had major anxiety about my baby leaving me.  Thank god Matt was a rockstar and took Emma home and safely returned her to me in the morning.  I'm learning very quickly how nice it is to have a hands on husband who likes newborns because some dads would have totally panicked.  

Thankfully everything thus far is negative do after 48 hours we were able to go home.  She had a lumbar puncture and had no signs of meningitis, a urine culture hitch confirmed no uti, and blood work which indicated a viral infection.  

We are home now, resting and cuddling. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment