Pages

Monday, August 1, 2016

2 weeks old

  
Well we survived another week as parents... Of twins.  Although twins are a lot of work we are loving every minute of it and if I do say so myself doing pretty well at this new parenting gig.  

We've had some good laughs this week... I'll share my top moments!

1.  Tired parents in the middle of the night sometimes hallucinate!  Matt and I both have experienced what I call "the phantom baby"... Matt and I both sleep holding or hugging a pillow.  3 times now for me I've woken up with the pillow in my arms, sat up fast, and then gently set the pillow down because I didn't know if it was a baby.  I wasn't sure if I forgot to put a baby in the bassinet or if it was just a pillow.  Matt tops mine when I asked him in the middle of the night if both babies were in the bassinet and He replied and told me one was on his chest as he pulled the pillow up and tried to explain the baby was under it... Thank god she was not and both babies were sound asleep.

2.  Whenever we go out... The twin comments never stop.  "Oh twins!! They are so cute."  Some lady who was checking out at the register literally left her lane running after Matt shouting "sir, sir, stop I want to see the babies."  We got a pretty good chuckle out of that one.  And anyone and everyone will tell us how they have a friend, cousin, etc. with twins.  We just nod our head and politely say that's great!!

3. Type A personalities and babies can be challenging.  Matt and I both have gotten mad at each other.... And both laughed after and mad up.  Matt first got
Mad at me for "screwing up the feeding order". We have a routine at night... Change diaper, breastfeed baby, bottle
Feed if necessary, burp, put back to bed.  Well one night I fed befor I changed a diaper and it was not a good flow and poor little Emma was up for an extra 30-45 minutes... Needless to say the boss aka Matt was not to thrilled.  So I've not
Made that mistake again.  Another night I got mad at Matt for intentionally ignoring the babies cry while I made a bottle.  Needless to say he was sleeping and did not hear a single cry so I got mad at him for nothing.  It will only the beginning of our madness but best of all we can turn back and laugh!  

That's all for the funny moments but each day and week seems to be going faster and faster.  The girls are still getting weekly weight checks since they are not quite at their birth weight and a little less than the ideal weight gain.  Last Monday they were both 5.9 lbs.  We go back Wednesday to see how much they have gained.    


2 comments:

  1. I've learned of your story well into your journey.
    So, much like binge watching a new show, I've binge read your amazing blog. I am so very happy for you and look forward to following your joyful updates for as long as you find time and energy to keep us posted.

    Enjoy every pink ruffled moment!
    Kate Wiseman

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not the only one... I hope I can keep you interested enough to continue binge reading. Love the phrase 😊 What a journey it has been but we are enjoying every smile, poopy diaper, cry, pink and more pink moment with these little ones. Thanks for following us!!!

    ReplyDelete