Pages

Saturday, October 31, 2015

Always something... another bump in the road

Our donor had an appointment on Thursday and had her last appointment in her home state.  She got the all clear and flew into Chicago late last night.  I got a call from our nurse this morning that when she unpacked her suitcase last night she was missing a medicine.  Panicked and rightfully so she called the agency and Dr. Miller's office.  Unfortunately it was too late to get her the medicine so she doubled up on another and then was able to get back on track this morning after she went into Dr. Millers.  

Per the nurse it shouldn't affect the stimulation other than add a couple of days to her total time.  I was super dissappointed to hear this.  But in my heart I knew it was just going too smoothly.  So here we are, hopefully a small hiccup, but hopefully not detrimental to the actual final end result, Matt and I getting to implant! 

Please pray that this hiccup hasn't affected her too much and also pray for guidance as she finishes up the last week here in Naperville.  These last few days really matter so I'm anxiously waiting to hear that everything is continue to go and we can proceed with the egg retrieval.

I feel like my stomach is in my throat but after talking with the agency it sounds hopeful that in the end everything will work out. Always an adventure in our world.  We are just here for the ride.  And as much as I prefer the carousel ride or a nice leisure bike ride we are on one hell of a ride.  Hang on guys I can't  feel the end yet but we are getting closer

0 comments:

Post a Comment