Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Pharmacies wasting my time

Part of the reason why I no longer work full time is because on any given day I can spend hours getting things ready or squared away for the in vitro process.  I'll admit I am good at wasting time and don't always need the extra time, but today I did.

Today I was thankful for the extra time. I literally spent 2.5 hours in the phone only for the pharmacy to FINALLY tell me.... Oh your doctor needs to do a prior authorization for your prescription!  

Let me paint a pretty picture for you.   The nurse sent all of my prescriptions to a mail order fertility pharmacy, Freedom pharmacy.  They were able to fill my injectable medication but not my oral medication.  Per Freedom pharmacy they would need to have it sent to a local pharmacy so that it would be covered by my insurance.  Ok... A few days later.....

I go to Meijer to pick-up my scripts.  Count them out and I am missing 1 of them.  I tell the pharmacists, she tells me " oh we will need to get it ready for you, give me 10 minutes."  So I wander around Meijer pick-up my groceries and then head to the pharmacy counter.  She looks at me and tells me they don't have it.  So I explain to them that it was sent over by another pharmacy.  

Yesterday I got a call from Meijer notifying me that per Freedom pharmacy ( the mail order pharmacy) they had shipped my medication and it was delivered to me on October 15th.  So that wasn't right so I get on the phone and start calling.  Which stArts my 2.5 hour ordeal of back and fourth between 3 pharmacies, blue cross blue shield, and myself.  I was on a four way call at one point with the pharmacist from Meijer yelling at the fertility pharmacy that it was there fault at one point... Hello can we say awkward!!  Needless to say it was a huge waste of everyone's time and I still don't have the script!  Out of pocket it was going to cost around $500, so I definitely wanted to get to the bottom of everything for the usual $20.00 copy!   

These are some of the extra hurdles you have to cross when dealing with any type of medical problem.  It just gets annoying and is such a waste of time!!  

Ok thanks for listening!  I just had to vent 

0 comments:

Post a Comment