Pages

Saturday, January 16, 2016

12 Weeks and Growing!

I suppose it's a good thing when you graduate from one doctor to the next but it doesn't come without fear.  Every time I go to the doctor I'm fearful of bad news but once again we had a great report and I'm happy to say baby A and baby B are both still growing strong.  

I felt a little better walking out of Dr. Ismails office knowing that I don't really need to feel like I'm made out of glass... Yet I still kind of do.  He told me besides getting a little larger, having more aches and pains, and carrying a little extra fluid with the help of my TAC ( transabdominal cerclage) this should be like any "normal" pregnancy, or so he hopes. 

I was anticipating having to see him quite often but he reassured me that for now I can go every 4 weeks and get an ultrasound to make sure the twins are growing as they should be.  His first goal is to get me to 20 weeks and then reassess how they are doing!!  I'm quite terrified of the 20 week mark.  It literally makes me have very bad anxiety because again I'm just waiting/anticipating something bad will happen like last time.  Hopefully this time it will be different but I still can't fully embrace everything without admitting I'm totally scared out of my mind.  

Here's a picture of me at 12 weeks.  I barely look pregnant but by the end of the day I definitely feel my stomach since it gets so bloated.  
I'm still getting sick but for the most part it is letting up a little.... For now I usually only puke in the morning and sometimes at night.  Better then all day.  I have my next appointment in 4 weeks which will mark 16 weeks.  It's kind of crazy how fast it has been going.  I'm praying hard that things continue to go smoothly and we do not run into any speed bumps.  Today is my last day of estrogen pills YIPPEE and next week I get to slowly taper down my progesterone shots.  Only 29 more to go!! Anyways happy weekend ya'll I hope it's a great one!  Matt and I are heading out for a date night today before he gets too busy with busy season and I become a tax widow again.

1 comments: