Pages

Sunday, January 3, 2016

Ultrasound 3 and 4

Sorry to leave you all hanging but we've had a few busy weeks with the holidays, trips back to Michigan, and lots of nausea and morning sickness.  Quite frankly between work, sleeping, and puking it's been a fast first couple of weeks of pregnancy.  I am now 10 weeks, which I can honestly say has gone super fast.

Some of you now know the news but the "vanishing twin" didn't vanish and in July we are expecting TWINS! Yep you read it, TWINS!!  We are over the moon yet scared out of our minds at the same time. Baby A was supposed to have vanished but during my 2nd ultrasound we actually were able to hear baby A's little heartbeat.  I have a little spot underneath baby A that is currently not affecting him or her but they monitored it and after our 3rd and 4th ultrasound deemed us stable enough to graduate to my maternal fetal medicine doctor.  

Baby A still has the spot in the sac but our doctor wasn't really quite sure what it is.  He told me not to worry, easier said than done but at this point everything else was going great and the twins were measuring right where they should be and their little hearbeats were both fluttering as they should.    

I have another ultrasound next week and an appointment the following.  I'm trying to educate myself as much as I can about Twin Pregnancies, but I am learning that while some things are the same are, there is quite a bit that is vastly different.  I'm reading "When you are expecting twins, triplets, or quads" and trying to follow their philosophy...Gain weight early rather than later. It's a book based off of evidence based research that has great outcomes with multiples and emphasizes the importance of gaining weight early because you'll be too big later on.   So my goal in the next 10 weeks is to gain about 15-20 pounds.  Gulp!  It's a bit of a challenge right now since I am still getting sick but the last week and a half my nausea seems to be dieing down a little (thank god!).  It's hard to gain weight when you puke 3-8 times a day.  

Here's a little picture of our ameoba's.  They were 8 weeks 3 days at this ultrasound.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment