Pages

Friday, January 8, 2016

MFM ultrasound

I had my first ultrasound at my MFM (maternal fetal medicine) a.k.a high risk ob office on Tuesday.  Matt came with me but anytime I ever have an appointment I just get so nervous.  I have a fear that one of these times they are going to tell me that there is no hearbeat but I am happy to report that as of Tuesday both Baby A and Baby B are growing strong.  

Baby A measured 10 weeks 5 days and had a heartbeat of 161.  That little thing was wiggling all over the ultrasound screen so for now I think it's a boy.  The little growth that was seen on my ultrasounds at Dr. Miller's office was not there so it has either disappeared or was just not seen.  Hopefully it is disappearing I have enough to worry about.  I keep praying for that anyways.

Baby B measured 10 weeks 4 days and had a heartbeat of 159.  It's normal for one twin to be a tiny bit smaller as long as it's not too big of a difference.   I'm feeling that this one is a girl because she was just floating rhythmically and much more calm.  It's fun to guess for the time being.

It was a little surreal to be sitting in an OB office and actually be pregnant this time.  I have had my fair share of visits to the OB since I lost Collin but they have all been for consults in preparation for "the next" pregnancy.  This time I was there and actually pregnant.  When we were leaving the room the ultrasound tech said goodbye to us and that we will be seeing a lot of them soon.  Which is so true.  I kind of looked at Matt and said this will be our new "home" for a while and I will be spending lots of hours in that office.  

So for now things look good.  I have my next appointment in Thursday with my actual doctor.  I hate to get too optimistic yet since it is still soo early but for now things are progressing as they should be for both Baby A and B.  Keep growing little ones!!  I feel like the world is cheering you on!!!  

2 comments:

  1. Like you, I also have a balanced translocation. We are going through our first IVF cycle. Only 10 eggs retrieved, 8 fertilized. More waiting.

    I'm so happy that you've found a way to have healthy children. I admire your bravery for continuing this process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not any easy one and there are definitely days I want to give up but I know it will all be worth it in the end. Good luck on your first round of IVF. And just as my RE doctor told me... It only takes one good one! Fingers crossed you have a normal embryo (or more) to implant!!

      Delete