Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Gender Reveal for Twins!!!

A few years ago when we were expecting our first baby we went home and had a fun gender reveal party with my family and Matt's family.  We had already known the sex of the baby since we had done PGD, which is special genetic testing you can do to screen for genetically normal embryos, and as an added bonus we knew even before we implanted that the baby was a boy.  We kept the sex a secret as long as we could and around 14 weeks we shared the news.  Just for memories I've saved those pictures and found a video of our reveal.

This time around I just couldn't get myself to do anything big.  I do love gender reveal parties but after the emotional roller coaster we have been on I didn't want to repeat last time.  For those of you who weren't there here's a memory of our big "reveal" last time.
                  

This time around we did not do any genetic testing so we have been in the dark just like any "normal" pregnant woman.  So after many weeks of waiting and anticipating what these two little babies are we finally have our answer.  So coming July 2016 we are expecting ...... 
                                            Twin A                                               Twin B
                
Yep two baby girls.  We are just as shocked as you.  Matt's nervous about being out numbered but we will get used to all the female hormones around here once they arrive.  It's taken me a little bit of time to come to terms with two baby girls.  I selfishly had my heart set on a boy and girl.  A baby girl to fulfill my want and desire for a daughter and a baby boy to replace the son we lost in 2013.  I'm very happy and feel so blessed with two healthy baby girls thus far but it hasn't come without tears.  Sounds awful to say but it's the truth. 

It's funny how this has all worked out. The first time we found out we had one embryo to implant and it was a boy, I was dissappointed it wasn't a girl but after awhile I was so excited to welcome a baby boy into is world.  The second time we had another embryo to implant, that too was a boy which my heart melted because it was a son to replace the baby boy we had lost.  

And now, we have two girls growing inside me which I am getting excited for and getting used to the idea of lots of pink.  Thank goodness we have girl cousins for lots of hand-me-downs because currently all I have is a lot of boy stuff in the closet. 

On a positive note Matt and I had our 20 week anatomy scan this past week and the girls are looking strong and healthy.  Baby A is 11 oz. and Baby B is 10 oz.  All the major organs are present and are working like they should.  I got a clean bill of health and am able to go 4 weeks until my next appointment.  I'm just praying that all goes well over the next couple of weeks.  So once again keep praying for us that my body continues to hold these babies and they continue to grow and stay snuggled in their tiny wombs.  


0 comments:

Post a Comment