Pages

Monday, March 28, 2016

22 Weeks

It's hard to believe that I finally have reached a point in this pregnancy which is uncharted terroritory for me.  I've never gotten this far in a pregnancy and although 22 weeks is not an accomplishment I would be proud of if it were to end here, I am happy that it means we are 2 weeks closer to viability and then my goals of reaching further and further continue.

Matt and I spent our last weekend in Michigan before these babies will be  born. With my doctors permission as long as I took baby aspirin every 2 hours and stopped to get out and go to the bathroom we were allowed to travel home. It was kind of a bittersweet moment.  One that kind of felt funny as we left.  We both mentioned to each other that hopefully when we return "home" to the mitten state next time we will have not one but two bundles of joy to bring with us. We don't talk much about being parents and having kids  and what life will really be like when it's not just the two of us because it has yet to happen but guilty or not it made me feel a little funny... Like aww no more just us.  But on the flip side, I was so happy to share my growing belly with friends and family.  

So hopefully the next two weeks will be a breeze (24 weeks) , the next four weeks after that will be great (28 weeks), the next four (32 weeks) just kind of happen, and I make it to the next four (36 weeks), and anything extra is just an added bonus (37).  

I missed my 21 week pictures but Matt snapped a few this week....  

                        


How Far Along: 22 weeks 2 days

Cravings: fresh Lemonade sounded amazing the other day

Total weight gained: 26 pounds and counting.... That was pre-poop and after eating a lot of junk this weekend. 
Stretch Marks: nope
Sleep: I have had better but I'll take what I can get 
Nausea or Queasy: still a yes... One week I hope to say it's over but I think given it is girl twins I'm still going to puke here and there this whole pregnancy.  
Wedding rings on or off: on
Signs of labor: no let's keep it that way for a long time
Gender: 2 baby girls
Looking forward to: hmmmm just continuing to be pregnant 
Belly Button in or out: in
Movement: yep and getting stronger.   MAtt loves to feel them kick.
Baby Dreams: I don't remember any. 
Complaints: not this week.  I hate to say it but I feel pretty good.  I think I'm in my quick honeymoon period of pregnancy.  Even my sister in law noticed I was looking and feeling better.  She cracked me up.  When we got home on Friday she nicely said that I was looking much better than what I did at Christmas time.  I naively said.. Oh really.  Which she and my brother in law both laughed and said OH Yes!! You were looking pretty green over Christmas.  So apparently I looked as bad as I felt.. Hehe I tried so hard to play it off.  Hopefully I continue the good days and have less of the bad



0 comments:

Post a Comment